The For Lucas 10×10 Challenge is officially in the books! We had seven challengers complete the 100 miles in 10 days. Way to go Kyle, Allen, Nate, Jessy, Josh, Dr. Doepper and yours truly! More importantly, we raised $2400 for the month of September! Truly awesome!
The drawing for prizes, including a new pair of SKORA Fit Running Shoes, will be held on Thursday, October 2nd. I’d do it on October 1, but we have soccer practice right after work. Life of a Running Dad …
Winners will be announced on here and via Facebook and Twitter.
If you would still like to take the For Lucas 10×10 Challenge and receive a shirt and certificate (there won’t be any more prizes until next big contests), read the rules below and get running!
Looking for a challenge and a chance to help out a good cause, without the bucket of ice water over your head? How about a running challenge? You may actually need the ice bucket after this one …
In the month of September, participants must run, walk or jog 10 miles per day for 10 straight days.
100 miles in 10 days is no easy task. And that task should not go unrewarded.
There will be prizes!
Successfully complete the 10×10 Challenge and you receive a high quality “For Lucas 10×10 Challenge” tech tee shirt. You will also get a frameable certificate to hang on your wall that proudly proclaims your feat of endurance. The rules:
- Run, walk or jog 10 miles per day for 10 straight days within the month of September.
- If you miss a day must start over again.
- You may break your daily 10 miles into no more than 2 logged activities per day.
- You must “Like” RunningDad.com Facebook page and share your daily run on the Running Dad Facebook page. You can use the activity tracked on a site like Runkeeper, Strava, Nike, Garmin Connect, etc. or a photo of your sports GPS watch. Include the hashtag #ForLucas10x10.
- You must share the “For Lucas 10×10 Challenge” page on your Facebook page or Twitter with the hashtag #ForLucas10x10.
- To receive a t-shirt and certificate, you must successfully complete the challenge. All submissions will be reviewed for authenticity.
- Challengers who complete the 10×10 with a single continual 10 mile activity (no two-a-days) will receive a bonus surprise gift.
Sound good? Fill out this form and start stretching.
If you wish to sponsor a runner in the For Lucas 10×10 Challenge, donate to the Lucas Fund at www.forlucas.com. In the message field, mention who you are sponsoring. Ex: Donation for John Smith for the 10×10 challenge.
Use this message in your social media to attract sponsors and get more chances to win prizes:
I have accepted the For Lucas 10×10 Challenge. Please sponsor me as I run for the babies at the University of Virgina neonatal Intensive Care Unit.